NEBNext® DNA Library Preparation
Introducing NEBNext®, a series of highly pure reagents that facilitate library preparation of DNA for downstream applications such as next generation sequencing, and expression library construction. Available in sets, master mixes and modules, these robust reagents undergo stringent quality controls and functional validation, ensuring maximum yield, convenience and value.
NEBNext® dsDNA Fragmentase™ is an enzyme-based solution to the fragmentation of DNA. An alternative to nebulization, dsDNA Fragmentase will generate 100-800 bp for fragments in a time dependent manner, and is ideal for generation of expression libraries or next-generation sequencing.
Advantages of NEBNext Library Prep Reagents:
- Convenient formats – All of the required enzymes, buffers and nucleotides are included, and are also available in Master Mix format. Modules offer the ability to customize sample preparation.
- Functional Validation – Each set of reagents or module is functionally validated by preparation of a genomic DNA or ChIP-Seq DNA library that is sequenced using the appropriate platform (Illumina®, 454 or SOLiD).
- Stringent Quality Controls – Additional QCs ensure maximum quality and purity.
Applications of NEBNext Library Prep Reagents:
Next generation sequencing library preparation
Expression library construction
High density hybridization arrays
Genomic subtraction hybridization methods
Advantages of NEBNext dsDNA Fragmentase:
NEBNext dsDNA Fragmentase is an enzyme-based solution to the fragmentation of DNA. An alternative to nebulization, sonication or shearing, dsDNA Fragmentase will generate 100-800 bp fragments in a time dependent manner and is ideal for generation of expression libraries or next generation sequencing
- High throughput compatibility
- Control of fragment size
- Generates fragments in the 100-300 base pair range more effectively than nebulization
- Enzyme-based cleavage results in cleaner ends as compared to mechanical shearing
- Value pricing
Genomic Library Construction Workflow
NEBNext offers a solution for each step of Library Construction Workflow.
NEBNext dsDNA Fragmentase generates fragments in the 100–300 bp range more effectively than nebulization
Relative size distribution of E. coli DNA fragments with dsDNA Fragmentase vs. Nebulization as seen using the Bioanalyzer 2100. The dsDNA Fragmentase sample was incubated for 30 minutes at 37°C with 0.05 µg of DNA per µl of dsDNA Fragmentase in 1X Fragmentase Reaction Buffer with 100 µg/ml BSA. The Nebulizer sample was prepared by nebulization of DNA in 50% glycerol for 6 minutes at 35 psi.
Technical Reference Quick Links
NEBNext® Reagents for RNA Library Preparation
FAQs for NEBNext Products
Protocols for Fragmentase
Illumina is a registered trademark of Illumina, Inc.
GS FLX Titanium is a trademark of Roche.
SOLiD and Ion Torrent are trademarks of Life Technologies.